Sunday, September 23, 2007















My collab book page - at last ! The first design went down the gurgler last week so here is my brand new one! I have 23 pages to make before next Saturday! Thanks to Gail Smith for her input today.



The metal on it is part of a bike chain - I wish I could say it was my great idea, but I saw some amazing work on flickr by Elaine Kerr . Here is her blog: http://abstractionsart.blogspot.com/



It was a bit of a trial tracking down an old chain, but my local bikeshop gave me one. I did try the bike shop near work, but the guy there was just an arrogant ........... The local shop owner such a stark contrast!

7 comments:

NessH said...

Hi Greta...really really nice work...I can't wait to see it for real when the book is finished...what a great idea with the old rusty bike chain

Elaine Kerr said...

Your page looks great! Sounds like a busy week for you. Thanks for the mention and the link.

Teresa said...

This is excellent work Greta - so nice of Gail to help you with it too. Now stop blogging and get the pages done - I need them on Saturday ;-D

Jen Crossley said...

WOW Greta you have done an amazing job!! You must be thrilled with the result
Jen

Gail said...

Greta, the work was all your own idea, I was just the sounding board for your inspiration, as usual it looks great on the blog.
Gail

Gisele said...

Lovely page Greta & really neat use of a bike chain. My son's bike is unused outside with the chain all rusted up nicely....hmmmm....do you think he'll notice if it goes missing! lol

audrey h. said...

This is awesome and i love the addition of the bike chain bits :o)