Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here's just a peek at what the groups collaborative book contains. There are so many talented people in the group and this is a showcase of the talent. I will post more once everyone has their books!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Well here are the covers

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I have joined a challenge on a yahoo group called paper_traders. It is a 26 week challenge, where we are given a letter to use and a technique or element to use on our page. This week was obviously H and we had to incorporate Dictionary text.
The 26 pages will complete a skinny book!
OK time to make the covers...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

My collab book page - at last ! The first design went down the gurgler last week so here is my brand new one! I have 23 pages to make before next Saturday! Thanks to Gail Smith for her input today.

The metal on it is part of a bike chain - I wish I could say it was my great idea, but I saw some amazing work on flickr by Elaine Kerr . Here is her blog:

It was a bit of a trial tracking down an old chain, but my local bikeshop gave me one. I did try the bike shop near work, but the guy there was just an arrogant ........... The local shop owner such a stark contrast!

Oh how I do love photoshop! In a few minutes I was able to

change this very pink little girl into an aqua one ;-)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

My first attempt at gel transfers! To the right is the

original photo of my uncles and to the left is the gel transfer. There is still a bit of paper to rub off yet I think...

The technique I found via Gisele's blog. It really is very easy, except for the rubbing back of the paper......

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I love this little girl! So I decided to use her for my Aqua swap - just one problem - she was wearing a green dress! But that problem was easily solved with photoshop......

She really was having a really bad hair day so I added a crown... and she is a little insipid so some vibrant wings added a spark!

Don't seem to have much time to blog lately..

last weekend, I managed to finish one of my front gardens. It had got so over grown, with my bad back, I had just let it go. So I cleared it a few weeks ago and last weekend, I planted some new lavenders , and gave it a border of lobelia, so hopefully in a month or two I can put a pretty garden on my blog!

When Pete and I built the garden, we left a (small) tree stump in it as Jassie used it to sharpen her claws (when it was a tree in the lawn) But once it was in a garden and with the rest of the tree gone, she lost interest. It took me 2 weekends to get it out, but it was a good feeling to thrown that stump in the garden recycle bin!

Friday, September 07, 2007

I recieved this wonderful atc from Hermine Koster from the Netherlands - as a thank you for taking part in her background challenge.

Thank you Hermine - it is a gorgeous atc and will have pride of place in my collection....