Sunday, October 03, 2010

Happy Birthday Jasmine

I am not quite sure of the exact date, but Miss Jasmine is 17 this month.  Here are a few of my favourite snaps of her. My how long ago it was since she was that little!

Today I took her to the vet as one of her claws was in-grown. (Why didn't I take more notice yesterday!!!!  The vet has a $21 surcharge on Sundays!)   The paw had developed a "smell" and started to swell. She was none too pleased with the treatment! He had to remove the claw and then release some of the pus. She showed her displeasure to the vet a number of times.

We had good news and not so good news. The good news is that the mark above her eye is not the cancer coming back. The vet cleaned it up, and for some reason the scar must just attract the dirt - phew... but the not so good news, she has lost some weight and her heart rate is elevated. It seems that her thyroid is acting up again.  I had thought that the nuking it had 3.5 years ago was a permanent fix. but it seems not. So blood was taken (again not a happy cat)  and it may mean tablets everyday (oh no) and regular blood tests. Anyway I'll have the results tomorrow perhaps.

Right now she is on her favorite place (my bed) nestled between the pillows!


The cat with no ears



I think we both look a lot younger!


3 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh poor little kitty! She's a beauty, though and looks happy. I hope she is feeling better soon. We have an elderly dog that is worrisome for us right now, its heartbreaking to see a pet in pain.

C. Geertsen said...

Happy birthday sweet kitty!

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday Jasmine..Love the Fawcetts...